The Whatcom Literacy Council believes volunteers are vital to the success of learners and our programs.
Volunteers bring optimism and enthusiasm, create positive energy, and share diverse perspectives that lead to positive outcomes for our community. Many of our volunteers choose to support our mission by tutoring. We also welcome volunteers who are interested in helping the Whatcom Literacy Council in other ways.
Be an Advocate
Make the issue of illiteracy more visible in our community.
- Contribute to our newsletter
- Help us develop materials to help make the public aware of the issues surrounding illiteracy.
Assist in recruiting those who need our services or those who are interested in volunteering.
- Staff a table at an information fair or at our Tutor Information Sessions.
Assist with fundraising and events
- Work with our fundraising committee.
- Help with event mailings, telephone calls, and logistics.